FAQs for Texas

Get the Answers for Your Important Electricity Questions

Who do I call when I have a power outage?

If you experience a power outage at your home or business that it not related to payment of your electricity bill, please call the utility company for your area (also called the Transmission and Distribution Service provider, or TDSP or TDU). This is the company that maintain the lines, poles, and meters that deliver electricity to your home.

If you are not sure which TDSP serves your area, your can find this information by looking at the YOUR USAGE section on the back of your First Choice Power bill.

The phone numbers for the TDSPs in Texas are:

  • Oncor: (888) 313-4747
  • Centerpoint Energy: (800) 332-7143
  • AEP Texas Central: (866) 223-8508
  • AEP Texas North: (866) 223-8508
  • TNMP: (888) 866-7456
  • Sharyland Utilities: (956) 668-9551

Contact Us

Looking for additional help? Just click that blue button below for a range of ways to speak with us!

Contact Us